After reading about all the extractor issues with the 5.56 MVP, I figured I should be pro-active and take some precautions. Haven't shot the MVP much at all in the last year so there wasn't much concern about any issues with it. Although the extractors are available now from Mossberg, I was bored today, so I figured I might as well get busy in the workshop and see what I could come up with. So here it is after 5 hours of farting around with a piece of scrap steel from a car leaf spring. It's the one on the left in the first picture. I felt that making one now would be better while I had the original part still in one piece to measure and look at all of the details of the shape. The hardest part of the whole exercise was the small size of the piece, nothing to hold onto while making it. Some of us are gluttons for punishment. If the factory one breaks on me, then I will have a spring steel one to stick in.